Hello families and friends,
Today we worked on the quiet and noisy /th/ sounds in our word work. The students needed to come up with words that started with these sounds and sort them into the quiet and noisy sounds. Then we continued work on our Halloween "walking" story that we began yesterday. We finished off our morning continuing practice on our Read to Self and Read to Someone skills with half of the group doing each and rotating. They have done a really good job with this so far!
In the afternoon, Ms. Handelsman came and joined us to introduce the class to coding! We went to code.org and worked on some basic skills there. A link can be found through the Cranston School website, in the Virtual Learning Commons. Then we continued working on our soccer skills in gym, and joined Mrs. McBride for music.
I have had some people say they are having difficulties with posting comments on the blog. I have played around with the settings and hoping that it works now. In the comments below, what was your favourite part of today, and why?
The last set of Halloween Howler tickets are in your child's backpack to go home with them today.
Thank you to those of you who have sent in pumpkins for our work with room 72 on Monday. We are still short about 3 or 4 pumpkins; if you are able to donate one for this activity please email me at <gasoulliere@cbe.ab.ca>.
Have a great afternoon,
Mr. Soulliere
4 comments:
Taryn said her favorite part was coding with Ms. Handelsman.
I liked doing coding. I hope we get to do it again.
Kyron
I liked reading because we got to learn words with "th", and because Mr. Soulliere was reading. - Jackson
My favourite part was coding with Ms Handelsman because that was fun. Madison
Post a Comment