Monday, 6 February 2017

February 6th, 2017

Hello families and friends,

Today we started with practicing our Read to Self and Read to Someone skills.  Then we did our words of the week.  They are "say", "jump", "ran", and "play" for grade ones, and "read", "clean", "know", and "buy" for grade twos.  After that we worked on some writing about our weekends.  In the afternoon we did our mental math warmup, and then practiced our finger counting technique for showing numbers up to 99 "chisanbop".  Then we did an "indoor recess" from GoNoodle for our gym time today.  After that we learned another new version of one of our math games, Subtraction Face-Off.  Ask your child about this.  We finished our day by finishing building our insulators for our experiment/competition tomorrow.

I heard that the students have done a lot of reading so far for our Reading...Give it a Shot! program.  Make sure that you are marking off each day how long you read for.  After 100 minutes, bring the sheet in to get a Calgary Flames hockey card!

For those that indicated they will be available to volunteer for swimming, I will start sending the forms for that home tomorrow.  I will send home one copy, but if both parents/guardians are available to come either make a photocopy or email me and I will send home a second copy.  For liability purposes, each person must have their own form filled out.

Have a great afternoon,
Mr. Soulliere

No comments: